On-demand Virtual Entrepreneurship Toolkit Series for the North State
A virtual series of workshops designed to teach participants about building the foundation of a new enterprise. This Virtual Toolkit Series guides participants through hands-on activities to build an understanding of proven startup tools and apply them to their own businesses. Whether you’re a budding entrepreneur, or an established business owner wanting to brush up on your skills, the Virtual Toolkit Series is for you.
Virtual Entrepreneurship Toolkit Series – Session 1:
Customer Segments, Customer Problems and The Founding Team
- Learn how to ensure your proposed solution maps to a customer problem/need. This is known as the Problem-Solution Fit.
- The bigger the problem, the bigger the market opportunity.
- Explore how the leading strategic innovation methods, such as Lean/ Business Model Canvas, can help uncover your key customer segments and problems that need solving.
- Examine your leadership team and the strengths and weaknesses that they bring to your business
Virtual Entrepreneurship Toolkit Series – Session 2:
Unique Value Proposition, Solution, Existing Alternatives, Early Adopters, Jobs-To-Be-Done, & Assumptions
- Document your offering, its key features that solve the customers’ problems/needs, and determine what unique competitive advantage you might have
- Learn Design Thinking concepts such as brainstorming and practice creating prototypes of a new product/service
- Deploy the Lean Startup framework and define your minimum viable product (MVP)
Virtual Entrepreneurship Toolkit Series – Session 3:
Go-to-Market Strategies, Ideation, Traction, Experiments, and The Offer
- Understand how to get your offering to the market through the correct channels
- Determine how to get, keep and grow customer relationships
- Identify your early adopters
- Learn to test and validate your Product-Market Fit
Virtual Entrepreneurship Toolkit Series – Session 4:
Revenue, Costs, Key Metrics, and Financial Projections
- Review how you capture revenue, and identify your cost drivers
- Determine your key metrics and prove that your offering solves problems or fills needs
- Document realistic near-term financial projections so that investors can see your potential
Virtual Entrepreneurship Toolkit Series – Session 5:
Pitching, Accomplishments, Unfair Advantage, and Funding Needs
- Create your pitch deck, practice pitching to a mentor, and get direct feedback on your story
- List accomplishments to date, including any sales or market traction
- Show Business Model Fit: Understand how you create, deliver, and capture value