The American dream of business ownership in the United States is not limited to only U.S. citizens. Neither citizenship nor residency is required to start a small business in the U.S. Of course, there are rules and processes that non-citizens must follow to make their dream a reality. Overall, the steps are similar to those that a U.S. citizen must take when starting a business in the USA.
1. Have the Necessary Federal Approvals in Place.
2. Choose a Business Entity Type.
3. Appoint a Registered Agent.
4. Obtain an EIN (Employer Identification Number).
5. Set Up a Business Bank Account in the U.S.
6. Obtain Required Licenses and Permits.
7. Stay on Top of Ongoing Compliance Tasks.