Richard is a retired technology and business guru who is passionate about seeing our north state startups succeed. He especially enjoys assisting entrepreneurs with:
- Business planning as it relates to products and services for the enterprise software space.
- Coaching and preparation for seeking external funding.
- IT planning for your startup, especially around scalability and disaster recovery.
- Agricultural and bio-tech startups: I have a lot of interest and some expertise in this area.
Here is a snapshot of some of his recent accomplishments:
- TierData Inc. CEO – 2009 to 2012
Member of founding team. TierData was sold to Informatica in 2012
- HP Software, Director of Product Architecture 2006 to 2008
Transitioned OuterBay software products to HP, and lead architecture team.
- OuterBay Technologies Inc., Founding CEO and VP of Corporate Strategy 1998 to 2006
Morphed a consulting company into the premier Information Life-cycle Management
software vendor for databases and business applications. OuterBay was sold to HP in