Hi! I’m Dr. Colleen Robb and I currently serve as an assistant professor of entrepreneurship for Chico State. If you are checking out my profile here at ChicoStart, you might be wondering what I might be able to do for you. Fair warning! I’m a bit of a tough love kind of coach and I will tell it to you straight. If you want a coach that will give you a tough time so that you are stronger in the “ring of the real world,” here are a few of the things I can offer. I can help you:
– Craft your opportunity in a way investors will respond to through cleanly designed pitch decks, effective venture portfolios, and compelling executive summaries
– Find ways to establish traction with your concept prior to developing an actual product of service
– Craft our message so that your target market will feel compelled to act
– Ensure that the market you are going after is not only the right one, but the one that leads to other markets you want to pursue
– Perfect your pitch presentation so that you can present your concept with clarity, professionalism, and excitement
– Uncover niche-focused strategies for testing and selling your initial product or service (MVP)
I’ve worked in various start-ups in the athletic, cosmetic, manufacturing, nonprofit, retail, and technology sectors. I’ve also helped these startups raise over $6M collectively and helped several of these startups reach million dollar levels of revenue.
Prior to joining Chico State’s faculty, I served as the founding associate director for Florida International University’s Pino Entrepreneurship Center where I was responsible for developing both academic and outreach programs, general management of all programs related to the Center and its five institutes, fundraising, and teaching classes and workshops. There, I developed and managed FIU’s annual business plan competition, spearheaded a social entrepreneurship track, and coached hundreds of entrepreneurs on their business plans and pitches for raising capital.
I’ve taught in Nova Southeastern University’s MBA programs and for the Keller Graduate School of Management. I’ve also worked in South Africa for Oklahoma State University’s Entrepreneurship and Empowerment Program as the lead faculty advisor where I coached and instructed student teams working with historically disadvantaged entrepreneurs in Cape Town.
Feel free to reach out to me to see how I might be able to lend my past experience to your future goals. I’m happy to set up a time to meet or just have a phone call. To get a feel of my style of coaching, you can also check out some of my tips and tricks at my blog: www.colleenrobb.com.