- This event has passed.
FoodINCubator Program (Sacramento Valley)
February 15 @ 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Are you looking to start your own food business? Maybe it’s Artisan Food, a Home-based Cottage Food Operation, or a Catering business. Perhaps you want to learn skills to develop a Food Truck or Restaurant menu. This four-week incubator is for you! Gain the tools to perfect your product, define distribution channels, and have personalized support from industry-experienced chefs.
This program is limited to 15 participants, so please ensure you apply as soon as possible to ensure your spot.
Class Dates & Times:
· Wednesday Feb 22nd – Pre-class/ Informational Session (Zoom).
· Saturday March 4th – 1st class 6-hour session @ Yuba College, noon to 6pm
-Introduction to food business definitions, licenses and regulations. Culinary kitchen best practices. Demonstration on scaling up recipes!
· Saturday March 11th – 2nd class 6-hour session @ Yuba College, noon to 6pm
-Begin making your product! How to scale it, package & store it. Introduction to food costing & calculating profit margins.
· Saturday March 18th – 3rd class 6-hour session @ Yuba College, noon to 6pm
– Perfecting your product: Understanding equipment; inventory & purchasing; social media marketing strategies, and successful distribution channels.
· Saturday March 25th – 4th class 6-hour session @ Yuba College, noon to 6pm
-Planning for launch and loan readiness: creating your three minute pitch, prepare and present your product at a celebratory tasting event.
Application closes February 15th.