Chicostart is the convener of growTECH. growTECH supports, boosts, and improves the tech and entrepreneur sector for the greater Chico area. Check out what our partnership is doing:
The growTECH Partnership is a results-driven and industry lead partnership between tech and entrepreneur software industry leaders and supporting community organizations that strategically assist in the support of the technology and entrepreneur sector in the greater Chico area, eventually impacting more Northern California Counties.
WHY/WHO: This sector has powerful potential to impact the economy by the ability to scale quickly, and provide global income and high paying jobs. The Partnership supports existing and emerging companies in the greater Chico area that have a significant investment in the software development space for example startups like Work Truck Solutions, software development companies like Sungard, Theia, and EXL as well as e-commerce businesses that have large software development teams like Build and Lulu’s. The Partnership’s voice is facilitated by Chicostart to implement action-oriented strategies to realize industry identified opportunities in this sector and to solve challenges like aligning needed tech skills with school curriculums, intern and job placement, and tech workforce training and development. It also provides a physical and social platform for this community to share and collaborate on challenges, successes, people, processes, and results.
The Partnership is led by qualifying tech and entrepreneur businesses. It is assisted by agencies that support these businesses, economic & workforce development groups, and educators like Butte College and CSUC. While the Partnership is business and employer driven these support organizations have the resources to respond to our sectors needs where appropriate.
- To jointly create an agenda that supports the stability and growth of the tech and entrepreneur industry in the greater Chico area.
- To commit to coordinated action and implementation of shared, high priority areas by public and private sector partners.
- To create a forum for consistent, high quality connections, networking, information and idea sharing.
- TALENT – Leverage our local existing talent pools. Educate them appropriately, expose them to local tech biz / startup opportunities, retain them.
- POSITION OUR REGION AS A THRIVING TECH HUB – Create industry inclusive marketing strategy around our tech sector to be used for external and internal recruiting.
- UNITED TECH COMMUNITY NETWORK– Bring together and create our industry network; share best practice, b2b collaboration, and a united industry driven agenda communicated with an improved relationship into our support partners.
- IMPROVED INFRASTRUCTURE TO SUPPORT TECH– Air travel, gigabit fiber, property
- EXPLORE PROMISING EMERGING TECH MARKETS– Ag tech, Smart Cities, Healthy Lifestyles, social entrepreneurism etc.
The growTECH (growTECH.io) Directory provides a comprehensive listing of tech companies and startups in our area to showcase the truly diverse and thriving tech sector that call our region home. This listing will help expose the depth of our tech and entrepreneur industry sectors to allow more B2B and collaborative efforts as well as to drive talent attraction and retention. COMING SOON!
These programs help connect tech talent within and without the community into our local business pool at the same time supporting local students and talent retention/attraction. Here are some growTECH programs:
Chico’s Open Source Consortium – a partnered effort with CSUC and local business where students work with tech business teams to develop open source libraries.
Project based work Butte / CSUC – brings together student teams to work on technology projects for technology business teams. This fosters student awareness for staying in town as well as job placement and student credit opportunities. It’s a wonderful pathway to teaching relevant technology and team skills.
Internships Butte/CSUC – facilitates a strong internship placement opportunity for students to startups and tech-based business.
Tech job placement for software teams – Creative job placement programs, talent matching.
growTECH THINK TANKS
Chicostart offers an offsite facility to help teams innovate new tech development and to provide an objective space for innovation during new technology migration efforts. Contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technology-based training programs leveraging local training groups as well as outsourced solutions to fill in the gaps. The scope of needed tech training is collected and coordinated through local tech and startup employers via our growTECH Coalition and is supported by public organizations where appropriate like the Training Place.
Please contact email@example.com to learn more about these programs and the growTECH initiative.