The BIG Vision
To make Chico a community where problem solvers and innovators have what they need to thrive, in order to lead our business ecosystem to explosive success.
- Entrepreneurial – we are problem solvers, creators, and bravely determined
- Passionate – we do what we love and do it because it makes the world a better place
- Human – we respect each other and our humanity, and are proud to be in this movement together
- Authentic – we are doing this for a reason, we are transparent, honest, and accountable to our mission
- Tenacious – we get things done and pick ourselves up at every fail and pivot in order to move forward and succeed
Chicostart offers resources to startups and provides a physical platform to facilitate and nurture the growth of Chico’s technology sector, is an active hub for connecting with everyone in the startup ecosystem, and ultimately is a catalyst for innovation, job growth and startup success.
Our platform includes shared office amenities, mentoring, workshops, internships, tech talks, student to business projects, entrepreneurial events, think tanks, satellite office programs and anything else that helps our core mission of helping startups succeed.
The Chicostart ecosystem includes but is not limited to investors, technologists, entrepreneurs, students, educators, local businesses and mentors.
We launched at the end of 2013 as an initiative of Innovate Northstate to nurture our entrepreneurial community and jumpstart our local economy. We happily thank our partnerships with Quorum Technologies, City of Chico, NM&R and CSU Chico, who all have helped our startups succeed. As of Jan. 1st 2016 Chicostart is operating as it’s own 501c3.
Our incubation programs have helped over 32 startups in the past 2 years and we are proud to have had 6 startups graduate to an acquisition event or commercial office space in Chico. Over 45 jobs have been created in the past 2 years alone!